Sunday, January 15, 2006

hurray 2006!

Today is the start of the fulfillment of my dream - to be a successful published writer. I just signed a one year, three book contract with a media arts firm. Someone must love me UP there! :)

This blogsite is all about my journey as a writer. Hopefully, I don't bore you too much since I've only had a year and two months since becoming a paid writer. Yes, I am fairly young to receive such a project. I've never been published in the country, not in a magazine, newspaper or an anthology. Except that one time when I was a respondent for an article written by my friend and my name appeared on Manila Bulletin. I have been published in India though. One of my poems was included in their collections of the world's best poems by cyberwit.net. Most of my writings have been online, which is why if you search my name (my real name) through google and yahoo, you'll be sure to see it immediately.

Honestly, I don't know why this client choose me. Maybe because it was my enthusiasm, my smart answers during the interview or just plain old fate giving me the shot I've dreamed of. He said he got my name by typing the keywords "creative writers in the philippines" on google. But when I did the same thing, my name wasn't on top of the list. There were hundreds more on that site (writer's.net) who are published and more experienced that I am. I get the chills just thinking about the odds of him and me teaming up for this project.

Now my real journey begins. I hope you'll join me as I share with you my writing life.

As my favorite quote goes, "Writing is easy. All you do is sit staring at a blank sheet of paper until the drops of blood form on your forehead." (Gene Fowler)

No comments: